- 2019. Chaired steel conference sessions, Kallanish Europe Steel Markets, Amsterdam
- 2018. Chaired steel conference session, Kallanish Asia Steel and Raw Materials, Singapore
- 2018. Chaired steel conference sesstion, Kallanish Flat Steel Markets, Istanbul
- 2018. Chaired steel conference session, Kallanish Europe Steel Markets, Antwerp
- 2016 - 17 President, MinSouth. Local Society for mining affiliated to the IOM3 (Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining)
- 2016. Letter in Materials World re blast furnace vs EAF steelmaking and raw materials
- 2015. Kallanish Africa and Middle East Steel Masterclass, Dubai - trainer
- 2015. Kallanish Steelmaking Raw Materials Masterclass, Zurich - trainer
- 2014. Kallanish Africa Steel Masterclass, Dubai - trainer
- 2014. Kallanish Steelmaking Raw Materials Masterclass, Zurich - trainer
- 2014. Kallanish Energy Pipe and Tubes Masterclass, London - trainer
- 2013. Kallanish Steel Masterclass, London - trainer
- 2013. Presented paper on Steel end uses, focus on the automotive and construction sectors, Platts European Steel Conference, London, May
- 2012. Chaired session on project finance and risk at MinSouth FINEX conference and also sponsored the event.
- 2012. Platts SBB Steelmaking Raw Materials Conference, Amsterdam. Participated in panel discussion on European raw Materials and also
chaired session on Day 2.
- 2010. Letter in Financial Times regarding use of European steel scrap and its impact on China’s steel exports.
- 2009 – 2011 Designed and ran 20 public and in-company steel training events in London, USA and Singapore, educating over 300 people in how the
steel markets work. These events are still unique in the industry. They were devised through a process of research and feedback, such that each event was a progression from the one that
preceded it. I gained much from this experience and was also able to feed much back into the sector as well as training others within SBB how to run the events.
- 2011. SBB Steel Markets Europe Conference, Barcelona. Chaired closing session.
- 2010. MinSouth Masterclass, Iron Ore. Presented paper on seaborne iron ore trade.
- 2010. SBB Steel Markets Europe. Attended as part of events team.
- 2009. SBB Steel Markets Asia Conference, Singapore. Chaired closing session.
- 2009. SBB Steel Markets Latin America, Sao Paolo. Presented two keynote papers on steel and raw materials. Chaired
- 2009. MetalExpert Steel Conference, Kiev – attended as media partner as part of SBB team.
- 2008. The World Nuclear Industry and Carbon Critical Design – Atkins
- 2008. The Mining Programme Management Office - Global Capital Conference, London, 2008
- 2007. Global iron, steel and raw materials - will growth and consolidation continue? Global Capital Conference, London
- 2005. A Strategic Examination of Future Steel Production; Raw Materials and Seaborne Freight, Hatch Consulting Multi Client Study
- 2005. Where From Here: Steel and Raw Materials Views to 2015. SBB Steel Conference, London
- 2004. Steel and Raw Materials – Towards 2015 and Beyond, Mines and Money, London
- 2003. Less Energy, More Power, Roger Emmott and John Wheeler, Metal Bulletin Monthly, February 2003
- 2002. EAF steelmaking – Current Outlook and Activity, Metal Bulletin, Monte Carlo
- 2001. Competing for Capital and Raising Returns on Assets, keynote article, Millennium Steel
- 2001. Effective Due Diligence for Steel Capital Investment Decisions, 4th Middle East Steel Congress, Dubai (Presented paper and chaired Day
- 2000. Evolution of Technology in the Steel Industry, Alan Wilkes, Roger Emmott, Angelo del Priore, American Metal Markets
- 1999. Strategic Opportunities for the Steel Industry in the 21st Century, Middle East Steel Congress, Doha
- 1998. The potential and reality of the CIS/Eastern Europe as a supplier of scrap and iron units. Metal Bulletin’s Second Middle East Raw
Materials Conference, Dubai
- 1995. Electric furnace raw materials (scrap and alternative iron units), Metal Bulletin Steel Conference, Singapore
- 1995.Steel as a modern material in industry, UNECE Conference on scrap and raw materials, Duesseldorf
- 1995. Steelmaking in China, Brunel’s Steel World